From Sept 2022, Ellesmere College has embarked on an exciting new project with DFN Project Search linked with the Leicester Universities Hospitals Trust. This will be an available option for our Y14 students who will spend their final year with us on a supported internship with the NHS.
Project Search is an International Programme with 500 programmes running in 9 countries since 1996.
The chief aim is to get people with Learning Difficulties into paid employment.
How does it work at Ellesmere?
- Students and staff from Ellesmere have a base at the LRI (Leicester Royal Infirmary) and from here students can try a job role which suits their interests and skills.
- At the end of the year students can complete a working assessment where they demonstrate they can do a job rather than competing at an interview. If they can prove that they are able to do a job where there is a vacancy then they are employed.
Why do we want to be involved?
- 70% of interns completing a Project Search program go on to paid employment within 9 months of graduation.
- Being employed provides an economic benefit, social support from friendships and positive wellbeing through the sense of purpose and achievement.
- We think this provides the best possible life outcomes for our students.
Project search contacts
|Nottingham University Hospitals