Students are able to bring a packed lunch to school for their midday meal or have a hot dinner.
A vegetarian option is available every day
All our food is cooked in our own kitchen in line with the new Department for Education school food guidelines
If your child has any specific dietary requirements please ensure you notify the school via your pupil information sheets at the start of the academic year/ your child's placement or contact Reception on 0116 289 4242
We operate a 4 week cycle for our menus.
Payment is to be sent on a Monday for the week. You can pay for your child’s lunches by cash or cheque (made payable to Ellesmere College). The cost of each lunch is £2.20. If you think you might be eligible for free school meals please contact the school office.
Ellesmere College is involved in the Healthy Schools Initiative. If your son/daughter brings packed lunches from home we would request that they include a healthy balance of food and that they do not include any solid chocolate bars or significant quantities of crisps or biscuits. Pupils are not allowed to bring any carbonated drinks such as Coke, sport or energy drinks or alcohol into college Pupils also need to know that chewing gum and nuts are not allowed in the college. This also extends to any off-site activities, college links and trips.
- View the College menu here
From September 2017 Ellesmere College is moving to an online payments system, which we encourage you to use to pay for school meals and other school activities. We are using a system known as SIMS Agora which is very easy to use and will offer you the flexibility to make online payments whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - safe in the knowledge that payments are secure and use the highest level of card security and that funds will reach the school safely.
SIMS Agora online payments:
- Please have your child’s unique registration reference for SIMS Agora to hand. If you have more than one child each will have their own registration reference and can be added to your account subsequently.
- To access SIMS Agora you will need a Microsoft Account. You can use an existing account if you already have one, or create a new one online – they are free, very easy to setup and you can use any email address and password – to get a Microsoft Account please go to https://signup.live.com
- Please login to SIMS Agora from the school website or access https://www.simsagora.co.uk
- Follow the simple online instructions to register your account.
- You will receive a confirmation email– once you have activated your account by clicking the link in the email you will be able to make payments for school items straight away. Please note this unique registration reference is specific to the addressee and should not be used by anyone else. Please contact the school if your registration reference has expired.
More information about SIMS Agora is available at https://www.simsagora.co.uk/Home/For-Parents, but if you need to any help please contact our Reception Team on 0116 289 4242