The pupil premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.This is currently paid to schools according to the number of pupils who have been:
- registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years
- been in care for 6 months or longer
- pupils who have parents/carers in the armed services
In 2016/17 the College received £106,590 of pupil premium funding.
The College are also in receipt of additional funding for:
- £7,665 of PE and sport premium funding – this is targeted at additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport.
- £15,321 year 7 catch-up premium funding – to support pupils in year 7 develop their literacy and numeracy skills